Pages

Monday, December 29, 2008

Upgrade to Slackware 12.2 Failed

Yesterday i just tried to upgrade my Slackware 12.1 to Slackware 12.2
I've read the procedures on UPGRADE.TXT on disc 1 of Slackware install.

Basically the procedure contains 3 step:
 - Upgrade glibc library and packaging tool
 - Create script to update all of our package
 - Reconfigure /etc folder and lilo config

I'd tried and follow the instruction but the result was I could not boot to
my System. And for consequence I had to do fresh install but next time
I 'll try to upgrade my system again and not in rush to do all uprading
processes.

1 comment:

sugianto said...

visit my page at http://noemet.com i tried the same issue of upgrading slackware but failed too. somehow i found something interesting and something wrong in my upgrade