Yups, Today I've installed my slackware 12.2 fresh install.
Because of upgrading process failed therefor I have to do
fresh install :(.
Okay, At first i tried to install slackware 12.2 by using
bootable cd, unfortunately my installation disc is corrupted,
I dont have DVD ISO for this version and also I dont have
DVD Burner :(. So I have to find another way to install
I've tried to install from harddisk partition and failed due to
I was using NTFS file system and for my USB Stick is
FAT 32. And from now I realize that I've to use FAT16
file system or Linux supported file system such as
ext2 or ext3.
So, My installation way are:
1. I make bootable disc, even it contains corrupted
packages file, we still can use this. Because we only
need this disc for installation process like boot, and
2. Format USB Stick with FAT16 file system. I did this
on my Windows XP by using below command
format F: /FS:FAT16
whereas F: is my USB stick's drive name
3. Create folder which contains Slackware 12.2
packages. And please remember you have to
put the packages in the same way as in installation
disc or DVD or Slackware repository on internet.
(use directory name : a, ap and so on)
4. Boot computer with slackware 12.2 bootable installation
disc and then follow the instruction like usual, until you 're
at 'select source stage'
5. In this stage choose installation from partition table
and choose your usb stick. in my case was /dev/sda1
and the follow the instruction.
6. Voila, I could install all of my needed packages from
7. Please follow the instruction in remained stage
And now I've slackware 12.2 box on my laptop.